Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Fall

On Monday, I TiVO'd Dancing With The Stars and I finally made some time to watch it this morning. Oooooh! I should have watched it live! Paul McCartney's ex, Heather Mills fell! It didn't happen until the end of her dance--so I kinda think that ABC told her to fall. Everybody has been waiting to see her either fall and/or see her prosthetic leg fly off mid-dance.

After watching her the first few weeks, I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen. Heather is actually a pretty decent dancer. She dances as if she doesn't even have a disability and should be an inspiration to anyone that has a prosthetic limb. Heather seems to be able to do anything/dance that she puts her mind to. Granted, she won't win because she's not the best--but she is still pretty good and makes it look a lot easier than it must be. Hence--I think the fall was staged. She basically lifted her good leg onto her partner and put her weight on her bad leg and fell. There's no way she would forget which leg was what. I think it was a ratings/publicity stunt.

Here is the youtube highlight of her dance:

Pretty amazing stuff huh?

3 comments:

Butrfly Garden said...

I saw that on the recap last night. She handled it well. I'm not sure if I agree on the staging or not, but mostly because I'm not a regular of the show, so I don't know 'how they roll'.

I was a little pissed that they said Apollo's was "The best ever" - I believe it was ONLY because his partner looked naked.

Anonymous said...

That was pretty good. I'll have to check this show out. I know a lot of people watch it, but as I've said before, I'm a little slow on the TV uptake!

Brillig said...

Yeah, I watched that too. While I was blogging. Because I have NO LIFE, people! hahaha. Anyway, I thought she handled it well...