Monday, April 9, 2007

Cereal Killer

The other day, we had an attack of the Ants. The Breadwinner rescued us by spraying bug spray and placing ant traps. As The Breadwinner was spraying, The Princess asked him, "What are you doing Daddy?". Of course, The Breadwinner responded, "I'm killing the ants."

Little did I know that this observation and conversation with my daughter would inflict horror upon us days later... Here are some snippets of the bewildering conversations in the past few weeks:

  • "Mommy, the kitty cats got vomit on the floor. Daddy's going to kill them."
  • "Baby Brother is touching my toys. I'm going to kill him"
  • "Baby Brother dropped the Cheerios on the floor. He just killed them"
"Kill" is now a "bad" word in this household until further notice. Along with "Shut up" and "Died". Anyone that uses these words gets put in the naughty corner (courtesy of Supernanny)--including mommy or daddy.

3 comments:

Butrfly Garden said...

LOVE the Supernanny.

I realized that I say "Shut-up" in front of the kids. Like a ton a bricks, I tell you!

I'm a bad girl.

Good luck!

moodswingingmommy said...

Ooops! Your poor little girl! Killing bugs in front of your kids is always one of those awkward areas.

Thanks for stopping by!

Brillig said...

Uh... Yeah. My husband is notorious for saying similar things in front of the kids. And then he skips off to work, leaving me at home with psychotically-verbalized children. He doesn't get how awful saying that stuff is, because he doesn't deal with the aftermath, the way I get to. hahaha. Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one...