Friday, February 2, 2007

Toddler Insults...

My daughter has come up with a new insult for me. When I ask her to do something that she doesn't want to do, this is basically what happens:
me: If you don't help me clean up all of your toys, I'm going to have to clean them up myself and throw them away.
my daughter:I don't want to.
me:Ooookay, I'm going to have to throw the toys in the trash because it's the quickest way for me to clean up
my daughter (whining): nooooo

I start cleaning up with a trash bag...
my daughter: YOU ARE NOT A PRINCESS!
me (quietly so she can't hear):That's okay, because I'm the QUEEN.

Usually, she eventually starts helping me clean up. And no, I don't actually throw her toys away.

1 comment:

Sacto girl said...

That is hilarious. Do you think she means that you are not a princess, because SHE is the princess?