Monday, July 2, 2007

My Own Melt Down

It's the Monday before Jr. Peanut's Birthday party. He's turning one and he's getting baptized. So it's a big deal. There are so many things to do and I'm being bombarded by other things that I need to deal with:
  • I am having difficulty with the crappy summer camp I sent my daughter to for the past two weeks and I'm trying to get my money back (I'll write a separate post about it later)
  • The Caterer for the party tried to tell me that he didn't have the tables and chairs that we requested last week. He all of a sudden had two weddings come up. But luckily he has changed his mind.
  • There are a ton of things on my to do list.
  • The Breadwinner has decided that he absolutely has to golf the day before the party and the day all of our out of town guests come. And I'm the bitch that says he's got to get all these things done before he goes...
  • Jr. Peanut bumped his chin on the kiddie fence and bit his lip. Now he's going to have a fat lip for his birthday party pictures.
So, I ask myself, is it really worth it? The next child (if there is a next one) isn't getting a big party.

Calgon! Take me away!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm anti birthday parties for young kids... unless I am invited and their is a really bad clown that I can get make fun of.

Good luck with all your stuff and go easy on the breadwinner.

Brillig said...

Ick. Is there a cookie cutter out there for crappy SIL's? Cuz I swear, I got one too, and she sounds incredibly similar...

Butrfly Garden said...

Wow - she is kind of a bizatch, huh?

Whenever I plan parties, something horrible goes wrong - or someone gets mad. I always end up telling myself to worry about who's important and forget the rest. You can't please everyone - it's YOUR son's bday/baptism and you should be doing what will make YOU happy - not your IL's.

Just take it all one step at a time and work that man to a pulp before you let him off to go golfing!! (MEN!)

Florinda said...

I was never one for doing big parties for the kids, and my son (who'll be 23 next Monday) seems to be intact. Hang in there, and hopefully everything will work out for the best.

And re: your comment on my last book review - if I used ratings, which I will think about, that one would be 3.5 out of 5 :-).

Anonymous said...

My daughter got a fat lip AT her second birthday party...just as we were taking the most pictures....