Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's Official!

Three and a half years ago, I was contemplating the next car I was going to buy. My in-laws were adamant that I should get a minivan and I have to admit that the features were certainly tempting. I was determined to find the best car for me so, I started asking my mommy friends why they chose the car they chose. I had narrowed it down to about 4 cars:
  1. Toyota Sequoia
  2. Acura MDX
  3. Honda Odyssey
  4. Toyota Sienna

I asked one of my friends why she chose the Ford Explorer over a minivan and she said: "I'm already a housewife, I don't want to be a housewife hag."

So, I was forever affected by that statement. I narrowed my choices to the Sequoia and the MDX. In the end, I chose the Sequoia because my husband thought the Acura was to girlie and didn't think that it felt like a real truck.

I loved my Sequoia, up until Jr. Peanut was born. Then, I started dreaming of the doors on a minivan. When I got accosted by a homeless man I promised myself, I'd get a minivan specifically for the doors.

This past week, I made it official...I'm now a housewife hag with my new Honda Odyssey:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Although I am a housewife hag, I have some pretty cool gadgets, so please call me the "Geeky Housewife Hag". I pimped my ride with the following gadgets:

  • Navigation System
  • DVD Player
  • iPhone

-------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I've been so mysto lately. I didn't have that great of a birthday last week, I got sick, and I was busy contemplating the purchase of a new car. I will do my best to start reading the 200 posts I have in my google reader...especially now that I can read them on my phone. I also received some recognition from some of my peeps-- Jackie (who thinks I'm nice) and Brillig (who thinks people should read my blog). Thanks ladies, you're the bestest (a remnant "word" from my youth)! Badges and meme to follow.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

You're very welcome!
I covet your new monivan and oh! the! gadgets! So jealous!

(glad you're back!)

Misty said...

ok... The thing about the newed models of that Honda is that it has grown much classier and far less mini-van looking. It really resembles a larger crossover vehicle and it is so incredibly wonderful. (no,i don't have one, but I covet them...)

Cherann said...

I don't think minivans look less minivan looking... I do however think that more SUVs are looking minivan-ish. Like the Mercedes one and you're right about the crossovers. although sometimes the crossovers look like a shoe.

Whiskeymarie said...

I don't think you're a hag at all, but if you're feeling the need, you could always customize it and have flames painted along the sides.
Just a thought.

Stacey said...

All the twin mommies I know are ga ga over the Odyssey.

Sorry your b'day wasn't as fabulous as you wanted it to be. Hell, there is still time to celebrate right ?!

Butrfly Garden said...

I'm so sorry! I thought I commented on this, but I guess I didn't.

I'm super jealous of your new mv. I have declared on several occasions that I WILL. NOT. drive a minivan. (I thought the 'station wagon' - ala Chocolate Shauna - was the way to go, but TM said that he wouldn't drive it.) But I guess what my real problem is that I don't want a USED minivan. I want a new one with dvd players and other cool toys.

That will be my new compromise. I'll take one...as long as it's new...and loaded.

Jennifer said...

Very cool. Hondas rule, minivan or not!

Happy belated birthday!

kellypea said...

Congrats on your new car. I'd love one right now, but then I'd have payments, and that would mean I'd have to go back to work. ugh. I'll live vicariously and think instead of that "new car" smell you're now enjoying!

Sorry I've not been around...bad blog neighbor, huh?

exskindiver said...

happy new car!!

navigational systems are the best!
(bestest to borrow your word)

my new motto is: have Nav...will drive!

sorry you were sick.

(about the van: diba in the phil.
the bigger the car, the more sikat?)

plus its how you sashay out of the minivan that will set you apart from housewife Hag status...hee hee hee.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Congrats! I couldn't do the minivan myself, but I'm loving my station wagon!