Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jr. Peanut-isms

My son recently gave me a frightful scare. He was having headaches for almost two weeks that weren't accompanied with a fever. They were so debilitating for him that he would just lie on the floor wimpering. If I didn't give him ibuprofen or tylenol for the pain...he'd throw up. I was so worried that I woke up one morning crying and thought of all the horrible things it could be. Aneurysm, tumor, meningitis, really a whole slew of things. So we took him to the pediatrician and then the emergency room to get a CT scan. The CT scan showed nothing and he's better...so I'm not as worried. Honestly, I think it's a reaction to sugar (candy). So, in celebration of Jr. Peanut here are some of the silly things he says. I am so very thankful that God gave me this silly little boy!

After eating a meal, he grabs his belly:
"Mom, my baby is growing bigger and bigger. It's almost coming out."


Or when he's hungry:
"Mom, my baby is making noises."



Peanut: My bottom still hurts.
Me: It does? What happened, did you fall on it?
Peanut: No, it cracked...all by itself.


On the pot:
Peanut: Mom, my poo poo is not coming out. Can you wipe my bottom?
Me: Why do I need to wipe your bottom if your poo didn't come out?
Peanut: It doesn't come out unless you wipe it.

This is because Jr. Peanut often (about 80% of the time) calls me over to wipe him before he's truly done. I think the record for false finishes was 3 times. I've learned to tell him I'll come in 5 minutes.


After a shower, Jr. Peanut is running around naked:
Me: Peanut, go get your underwear and Jammies on.
Peanut: You go get them
Me: I'm not your slave. You go get them.
Peanut: Then where's my slave?
Me: I don't know. Go ask your dad. I just know it's not me.

No comments: