Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Feel the Recession

I know they say that we are no longer in a recession...however, here in California, I feel like we still are. I think most everyone is still house poor...including myself. These are some of the things that I've done during these recessionary times.

  • I've reduced the number of channels we get from satellite TV.
  • We no longer do toll or long distance calls on our land line.
  • I clean my own house :(
  • I've called and gotten my DSL rate reduced.
  • We're not doing large birthday parties for the kids anymore.
  • Got rid of my satellite radio.
  • Cut back on the eating out.
  • Husband brings lunch twice a week.
  • I follow people on twitter that offer bargains.
  • We've limited the number of times we use a babysitter.
  • I no longer buy books new. I either borrow them or buy them used for a $1

These are just a few things that I've done. What do you do? I'd love to hear and get more ideas. :) Hope you're surviving!

No comments: